FUN RUN – 2pm, Friday 21st September 2018
– Fundraising until 10th October –
We will be holding the School Fun-Run COLOUR RUN as a major fundraising event this year on FRIDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER at 2pm on the school oval.
We’re doing it to raise much needed money for THE P&C TO UPGRADE THE SCHOOL TUCKSHOP FACILITY.
Click the link below to Sign up NOW and start your fundraising – Exciting prizes to claim!!!
About the Program
The School Fun-Run promotes healthy and active lifestyles while helping us raise funds! It’s all about
participation, with students treated to a great day as a reward for their fundraising efforts. Family support is key
to our fundraising success and we encourage everyone to get involved.
How Does My Child Fundraise?
Firstly, go to schoolfundraising.com.au and create a student profile page. Everything to do with your fundraising
revolves around this page. Once you have completed this, read through your Sponsorship Form, which has
instructions on how to raise money and order prizes.
Students who raise just $10 will receive a reward for their effort. The more they raise, the better their reward –
don’t forget to check these out in the sponsorship form! We have educated students on the dangers of door
knocking without adult supervision, and we encourage you to reiterate this at home. The best people to ask for
sponsorship are people you know (e.g. friends, family, work colleagues and neighbours).
The easiest way to help your child raise money is through online fundraising, where students raise an average
of $120. On top of raising more money, it’s also safer and easier than door knocking and you don’t have to worry
about handling money! To start fundraising online, go to your student profile page at schoolfundraising.com.au
FUNDRAISING IS OPEN UNTIL 10TH OCTOBER
If you have collected cash in your fundraising please return it to the school office by wednesday 10th October.
The P&C will need to count the cash and validate the amount in your profile before you will be able to order your prizes.
You will be notified by email that the validation has occurred and you will be able to order prizes up until the 17th.
Ordering Prizes – ALL PRIZES MUST BE ORDERED ONLINE
Prizes MUST be ordered between the WEDNESDAY 10TH OCTOBER and WEDNESDAY 17TH OCTOBER.
Simply visit schoolfundraising.com.au to create / log into your Profile Page between these dates.
Then click on the ‘CLAIM YOUR PRIZE’ button and follow the prompts.
If you have any questions, please contact the School Fun-Run team on 1800 FUN RUN and they will gladly assist!
Not only can you support the school and students with your sponsorship – but you can join in on the fun!
We would love to welcome parents and family members to attend the School Fun-Run.
If you would also like to volunteer to help on the day, please contact us.
Thank you, good luck and happy fundraising!
NOTE: The colour powder is made of natural food colour and natural corn starch.
It will easily wash out of clothes and off skin.
TIPS FOR COLOUR RUN PARTICIPANTS
BEFORE THE COLOUR RUN
- The day of the Fun Run – Friday 21st September – is a free dress day.
- It’s a great idea to wear a white or light coloured t-shirt during the run to show off your explosion of Fun Run colours! (Bring a change of clothes for after the event).
- Runners with light coloured or highlighted hair, to avoid light (short-term) staining of the hair, the morning of the event apply leave-in conditioner, coconut oil or olive oil. Alternatively, cover hair with a scarf or bandana.
- Bandanas can be used to cover the runner’s mouth as they run through the colour zones.
- Sunglasses or swim goggles can be used to cover the runner’s eyes as they run through the colour zones.
- The powder is all certified non-toxic and will eventually wash out of everything – covering up when running through the colour zones just for extra protection.
AFTER THE COLOUR RUN
- Dust off as much dry powder as you can before you apply any water.
- Cleaning your hair: dust any loose powder out of your hair. Most of the colour should come out. Wash your hair as you normally would. It is not uncommon for hints of some of the colour, pink and purple particularly, to stick around for a few washes. Lucky it’s school holidays!
- Bring a change of clothes and a towel for your car for the ride home to keep the car clean.
SIGN UP TO VOLUNTEER ON THE DAY