RUN4FUN – 2pm, Friday 2oth September 2018
– Fundraising until 11th October
– Student Prizes must be ordered by Friday 18th October, with delivery in late October/ early November.
We will be holding the School Run4Fun COLOUR Explosion is a major fundraising event this year on FRIDAY 20th SEPTEMBER at 2pm on the school oval. The day’s focus is on fun and fitness with the added benefit of raising funds for our school. Fundraising from this year’s event will go towards ventilation and cooling of the school hall (GPAC).
Thank you, good luck and happy fundraising!
The colour powder used in our event is made of high quality corn starch and permitted food colours. It’s non-toxic, biodegradable, skin safe and environmentally friendly. Students with asthma are advised to be careful in their decision to participate.
It will easily wash out of clothes and off skin.
HOW ARE YOU TRACKING TOWARDS YOUR FUNDRAISING GOAL?
Hopefully students have been raising funds using their Sponsorship Form together with online fundraising through the www.myprofilepage.com.au. Don’t forget, the more sponsorship donations you receive the better prize you can choose.
You still have all of the school holidays to raise funds for our great school. Jump online to www.myprofilepage.com.au and share your Profile Page using the share buttons. You’ll achieve your fundraising goal in no time.
HOW TO ORDER YOUR PRIZE? EASY!
Once fundraising has closed, you will have two options to order your prize – either by completing and returning the back page of the Sponsorship Form to the School Office or login or create a Profile Page at www.myprofilepage.com.au. You will have 7 days from Friday 11 October to order your prize.
We are looking for helpers to assist on the day. If you have a few hours available, your support would be greatly appreciated. Simply contact P&C on email@example.com to register your interest.
TIPS FOR RUN4FUN PARTICIPANTS
BEFORE THE RUN4FUN
- It’s a great idea to wear a white or light coloured t-shirt during the run to show off your explosion of Fun Run colours! (Bring a change of clothes for after the event).
- Runners with light coloured or highlighted hair, to avoid light (short-term) staining of the hair, the morning of the event apply leave-in conditioner, coconut oil or olive oil. Alternatively, cover hair with a scarf or bandana.
- Bandanas can be used to cover the runner’s mouth as they run through the colour zones.
- Sunglasses or swim goggles can be used to cover the runner’s eyes as they run through the colour zones.
- The powder is all certified non-toxic and will eventually wash out of everything – covering up when running through the colour zones just for extra protection.
AFTER THE RUN4FUN
- Dust off as much dry powder as you can before you apply any water.
- Cleaning your hair: dust any loose powder out of your hair. Most of the colour should come out. Wash your hair as you normally would. It is not uncommon for hints of some of the colour, pink and purple particularly, to stick around for a few washes. Lucky it’s school holidays!
- Bring a change of clothes and a towel for your car for the ride home to keep the car clean.